Saturday, May 1, 2010

Can you make something special?

Tatiana came to visit me today in Paterson to see the new booth/kiosk/public studio space that I have and it was great to see her, support from family and friends makes this all the more fun!
I was making this sculpture while she was there and have finished it, she is amazing. After making the white sculptures, I wanted a black one to balance my display, and so created this work or noir. However, I did not know what to do as far a design, so I simply wrote on her, “Can you make something special?” Immediately this was enough inspiration to get the creative juices flowing and I opted for a geometric-organic design of lines and outlines, supported by small stippling symbols inspired by the spider web. This piece is inspiration hard core, she dares you to make something special… and for this I love her.


No comments:

Post a Comment