Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Ceramic Update

Woo hoo, yesterday was my first day in the studio in a while, and I got two of my pots out of the kiln, stained them with black, and now they are being bisqued again, I will glaze and fire them once more on Thursday.  A new work of art has emerged, it is another therianthrop diety which presides over two young figures, the figures are androgynous but could be interpreted as male and female.  Both are sprouting and becoming plant Daphnes, there is a desexualized sexual tension and the figures are sort of imprisoned in this garden by sharp branches and thorns.  It is a trinity piece, three figures, three crested birds.  The quetzal on the deity is a signature of sorts, a commentary on my trips to Guatemala.












































1 comment:

  1. Nice to see the inside of an artist studio, thanks for sharing yourself with us.

    ReplyDelete