Thursday, May 15, 2008

The Painter

Let me tell you, this artist chick broke some boundaries for me personally, first of all, making objects out of polymer clay by hand like her paint brush, palette, and easel, now I will go forward with making my “tourist” butterfly person who will be sitting on top of a ceramic money bank with a camera around her neck, fanny pack, khaki shorts, subway map etc., thanks to this artist I have the confidence to make it.
I love her mood, she is serious, creating art involves focus, even if you are in the zone and are not necessarily trying to depict anything. This piece is dear to me.

You know one of the most fun parts of making the entire thing was the painting of the miniature paintings! Yes, I actually painted the tiny things with acrylic paints, one of them is a self portrait of her, one a landscape, and the last one is a water lily. Pretty cool eh?






No comments:

Post a Comment