Friday, November 12, 2010

Ode to prayer


Ode to, “Crist sake, thank you for letting mommy come home and staying forever and getting out the army, amen”

Remember, butterfly people represents altercation/change.  This work of art was created originally as a portrait of two real-life children, the work of art has since been altered by me (the artist) to represent the maturation of the children and the prayers that they used to say so often as a child, “Now I lay me, down to sleep, I pray the lord my soul to keep, if I should die before I wake, I pray the lord my soul to take, god bless mommy and papi, Sherree and Pedro, grandma and grandpa, and everybody in this whole wide world, Christ sake, thank you for letting mommy come home and staying forever and getting out the army, amen.”

No comments:

Post a Comment