Friday, August 1, 2008

La Lengua

I have no idea what the Universe is up to, but its showering me with good things lately, there are no disappointments to report tonight. A few blogs ago I mentioned the tattoo girl, here are pics in case you forgot her. She was a statue who was sticking out her tongue and that was arguably her best feature, well, putting metallic tattoos on her just made her very deco-ornate and in bad taste, however I cant put them down too much because it is due to them that the awesome outcome was the way it was, out of experimentation always comes fresh and new techniques as the result of painting her black and sponging off the excess proved to allow some of the gold tin to shine through, reminding me of a burnished piece of earthenware clay that has been fired in a reduction kiln. Its like the best part of the tattoos remain such as the one on her chest, but they are now muted by the paint, its all about surface decoration that looks like its built up in layers and has a lot of information, is not just one solid color. I think the tattoo has somehow fractured because it almost looks like her skin is crumpled paper which is nice since she is not smooth, she is textured. I'm very proud of the way she is now as opposed to the embarrassing portrait before.
Also I found use for the polymer clay butterflies I made by gluing them onto her body as if butterflies flying about her. They are also slightly metallic but not black so they stand out against her dark body. I also am able to better see that she is sticking out her tongue which was the whole purpose.
Before and After
Click on the picture to see her cool new texture.

No comments:

Post a Comment