Thursday, April 19, 2012

Rachel Kneebone exhibit today at the Brooklyn Museum

So today I went to see the Rachel Kneebone exhibit.  The sculptures were juxtaposed with the Brooklyn Museums own collection of works by Rodin.  I thought the show could have stood very well on its own merit but I digress.  The show was amazing and encouraging.  A ceramic artist who allows mistakes to happen... broken toes on feet, missing figures on some of the works, and a good example for me to follow.  The subject matter is a bit on the dark side and very disturbing, sexual contrasts between the phallic male and the floral female.  I thoroughly enjoyed the show and was inspired to create some different forms.  Enjoy the photos and please check it out at the Brooklyn Museum before its gone in August.





















































No comments:

Post a Comment