Friday, October 24, 2008

Belly Dancer #1

Hi everybody. So the whole belly dancing project that I spoke about in the last blog is quite well underway, yes I ADMIT I was wrong, Mica actually helped quite a bit (at least through talking and googleing images), and I have actually completed my first belly dancer; she is pretty cool but in my humble opinion looks like a gypsy girl. It may be because of all of the mixed media jewelry and stuff that is placed on her. Nonetheless, she is beautiful, it reminds me of my older work when I used to make the crafty, mixed media stuff so I really do love her. As you can tell from the pictures below, she began as a simple clay doll and then after placing the hair on her head, I took broken pieces of jewelry, shells, and metal, and pieced them onto the figure in ways which work with the form and theme of the piece. The video which accompanies the blog was recorded when half way done with her, here see the finished product!















No comments:

Post a Comment